Activities of the Ashrama along the lines laid down by Swami Vivekananda – "Atmano Mokshartham Jagadhitaya cha" or "for the liberation of self & welfare of the world."
As part of the celebration of Sri Sarada Devi Jayanti, the Ashrama organised a programme for distributing blankets and sarees to more that 450 people. The programme was held in the Ashrama premises on 5th Dec 2015 at 4.30pm.
Notable people from the city of Belgaum from various walks of life participated in the distribution programme. Among the dignitaries present were:
– Sri Bhimarao Nandihalli, ex MLA, a freedom fighter and a Goa Satyagrahi
– Sri Vittal Yalagi, a freedom fighter
– Smt Rajashree Jainapure, Asst. Commissioner
– Sri Aravind Kankanawadi, Lawyer and his wife Smt Lakshmi
– Sri Raju Dodannavar, Secretary of Bharatesh Education Society
– Sri Mohan Nakadi, President, Vaishya Vani Samaj of Samadevi Samsthan
– Sri Niyaz Saudagar and Smt Nazneen Saudagar, Proprietor of Niyaz hotel
– Retd Professor Smt Kundatai Belgaumkar and her son,
– Sri Raj Belgaumkar, Chairman of IMER
– Sri and Smt Uppar of the Indal factory
– Smt Pushpa Hundre
– Sri Chandrashekar Saudi and
– Ashrama committee members – Sri Jali, Sri L.V. Desai, Sri Ajit Saraf, Sri Dileep Chitins and Sri Nitin Muthane.
Programmes such as these are undertaken in the spirit of “Shiva Jnane Jiva Seva” as enunciated by Swami Vivekananda.